What is animal rehabilitation?
In humans, some serious injuries require hours of rehabilitation after a major procedure or a prolonged period of being in a cast. Sometimes ailments such as arthritis can benefit from certain forms of physical therapy and so on. These treatments are now offered to various animals and pets as well as that veterinary medicine has now evolved into areas of animal rehabilitation with various rehabilitation centers offering various treatments for various ailments.
Services offered by animal rehabilitation centers
- Orthotics and or Prosthetics
- Weight management
- Cardiac wellness conditioning
- Cold and Heat therapy
- Laser Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Thera Balls
- TENS Therapy (Transcutaneous Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation)
- Manual Therapy
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Home treatment training and education
These therapies can help with:
- Pain management
- Support tissue repair
- Help with weight loss
- Prevent new injuries occurring during treatment of a current one
- Improve endurance
- Improve strength
- Improve balance and paw placement
- Manage inflammation and swelling
- Offer increased range of motion
With this exciting new advancements and developments in veterinary medicine, we can now ensure that our pets have a better healthy quality of life.
See our list of therapy centers for the Michigan area and please contact us with any questions or queries you can find our details in our Contact section on this site.